Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Does LiveConfig already contain phpMyAdmin?
No, but you can install phpMyAdmin with only a few mouse clicks using the application installer.
Does LiveConfig contain a webmail interface?
No, but you can install e.g. RoundCube with only a few mouse clicks using the application installer.
Which payment methods are supported?
The following payment methods are currently supported:
- SEPA Direct Debit (working with all european giro accounts supporting direct debit)
- PayPal (works only when a credit card is registered with the PayPal account)
Is LiveConfig also available as owned license?
No, LiveConfig is only available as rental license. This ensures that you always get the latest updates as well as the latest features of LiveConfig. In today's world it makes no sense to buy a software and run it for many years without any updates.
How can I cancel a license?
Together with the license code you receive credentials to the license management system. There you can get an overview of all licenses ordered with your e-mail address, and also can cancel any or all of your licenses there.
License and activation
How can I activate another license?
If you have for example used a trial license and now want to activate a normal license, please follow these steps:
- delete the file /etc/liveconfig/liveconfig.key
- execute liveconfig --activate and enter the new license code
- restart liveconfig: /etc/init.d/liveconfig restart
Webseite returns an »Internal Server Error«
This message means that an error occured while processing a request before running PHP or things like that. To get a more detailed error message, enable the webserver error log (in LiveConfig at Hosting / Webspace / Error Log). After 1-2 minutes reload the affected website and then check the error log for new messages. This log (error.log) can be viewed live within LiveConfig.
Common causes are:
- a .htaccess file with restricted "Options" command (eg. "Options FollowSymLinks"). Comment this out, or replace "FollowSymLinks" with "SymLinksIfOwnerMatch".