Startseite » Forum » LiveConfig Forums (english) » Bugs and troubleshooting » Erronuous Postfix configuration when mail server domain equals mail address domain
Ergebnis 1 bis 2 von 2
    Erfahrener Benutzer

Erronuous Postfix configuration when mail server domain equals mail address domain

After migrating to another server and upgrading from Ubuntu 14.04 LTS to 18.04 LTS, I decided that it has little use to have a separate subdomain for the mails server when this client likely will never expand to more than one server. His domain is also his mailserver domain.

Then he complained that no email arrived. I looked in the mail log file and discovered this warning notice, that in fact should be an error notice, because mail was not delivered as a consequence:

Zitat Zitat von /var/log/mail.log
    Feb 24 15:00:34 hishost postfix/trivial-rewrite[30655]: warning: do not list domain hisdomain.com in BOTH mydestination and virtual_mailbox_domains
    As work around I decided to remove $myhostname from mydestination :

Zitat Zitat von /etc/postfix/main.cf
    mydestination = localhost.localdomain, localhost #, $myhostname
    After that, email started coming in.

Not sure if that can be fixed or improved in LC. Until that is decided, in fact I should prevent that LC overwrites this with:

Zitat Zitat von /usr/lib/liveconfig/lua/custom.lua
    postfix.NOUPDATE = true

But this should also work:

Zitat Zitat von /usr/lib/liveconfig/lua/custom.lua
    postfix.LOCALCONFIG = {
    ["mydestination"] = "localhost.localdomain, localhost"
    }
    Geändert von ñull (25.02.2019 um 10:30 Uhr)

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Please set the FQDN of your server not to "hisdomain", but instead use "server.hisdomain.com" or similar. That's also included in the general setup manual of LiveConfig.

Lesezeichen