Startseite » Forum » LiveConfig Forums (english) » Feedback and suggestions » MX and other automatic DNS records should appear in DNS manager
Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5
    Erfahrener Benutzer

MX and other automatic DNS records should appear in DNS manager

When you have a mail server with the name mx123.thisserver.com, then with active DNS management, every domain you add to this machine will automatically have mx123.thisserver.com as default MX record that will be visible in the zone file or with this query

dig thisserver.com @localhost mx

Please change this imposing behaviour to default behaviour. A way to do it is by changing from "Custom DNS records" TAB to "DNS Records" and show there the proposed MX record editable. This would allow us to put a different mailserver per domain, more my idea of management.

Small exceptions like this now generate a lot of extra administration time or simply not using LC to manage the DNS at all. This cannot be the intention of the author.
    Geändert von ñull (16.03.2017 um 22:02 Uhr)

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Deactivate email function contracts and you won't get this MX record. It depends on your active mailserver and mailserver setup in LC, but only by enabled internal email setup.

Erfahrener Benutzer
    I don't have a problem that there is a MX record. I do have problem that I cannot override it per domain. In principle this domain needs MX service but not with the local mail server. I don't want it to disappear, I want to override automatic (hidden) behaviour and change the MX to another. If the automatic behaviour would write the MX in the DNS manager then I could change it, but now it is hidden I felt obliged to report this as my complaint.

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Disabling email function for this domain should deactivate the automatic mx record, so you can set your own.

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Nevertheless all records and subdomains, e.g. autodiscover should be viewable. Maybe add an "expert mode / dns mode" where *all* settings are displayed immediately, e.g. on domain page.
    Das Gras wächst nicht schneller wenn man daran zieht.

Bitte keine unnötigen Vollzitate. "Antworten" genügt meistens!

Lesezeichen