Password failer after reset

• An old VertualBox developer LiveConfig was upgraded together with a lot of other packages. Then I tried to log-in as admin but it failed with the browser stored password. So I reset the password from the command line like instructed, with positive feedback that the password was reset. Then I try to log-in again but the failure persists. What to do now?

• This issue remains unsolved and is becoming more urgent now. It has repeated itself on a second test server, where the admin password spontanuously stopped working. Happily I could reset the password there from the command line. On my first test server it still fails to reset.

• How exactly did you reset the password?
    Do/did you have any 2-factor-authentication enabled?
    Do you run the latest version of LiveConfig (2.1.2)?

Basically you just have to set the environment variable LCINITPW to your new password, and then run "liveconfig --init" - see manual.
    Be careful to not use any special characters like '!' or '(' in that password without escaping them, they might be interpreted by some shells. Just use numbers and letters for your temporary password and set a "safe" password within LiveConfig.

• No two factor authentication and yes the latest version. But I now discovered the reason why command line password reset failed. Apparently it now tests for how complex the password is. I used a lowercase only password and it failed, without notifying. Then I used the PaSsWoRt like in the example and voila I could suddenly log-in. So please could you check that and let the comman-line password reset give an error message when the password is weak and not the - /usr/sbin/liveconfig: Password updated successfully.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!