Bug: Password reset in the wrong language

• I try to log-in, forgot my password, change to my language (I tried Spanish), click the password recovery link and get nice instructions in my language. Successfully submit the username and captcha and again get a pleasant response in my language. Then the email arrives and, great disappointment, it is in English.

Correct this please, because people who change language definitively will have trouble reading the undesired language.

• You can edit the recovery email template in your LiveConfig settings.

You were right, that is part of the issue, my Spanish translation is not finished yet and therefore I need to override the default as a temporal work around.

Then still there is another issue. Turns out that the password reset email always follows the account preference language and it ignores the log-in language override.

For instance there is this paranoid hosting company that never sends password by emails in an attempt to prevent hijacking. The new user never logged in and his user preference is set to English. The user is from Spain and hardly knows English. He switches to Spanish before resetting his password and gets all the messages in his preferred language except the email, because his preference is still set to English.

For a consistent user experience, please let log-in language override also work for the Password reset email.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!