Mailbox "unlimited" quota

• When using API how to set the quota when you want let a mailbox use all available storage space, only limited by the contract quota? Or is that not possible? I attempt to write a migration script and the previous CP would allow the value unlimited. What internal validation is there in HostingMailboxAdd? Would it do strict accounting of the available mail space in the contract? If so, I would need to do the same accounting in my script.

• I'm sorry, but there's actually no other way than defining the mailbox size with the same value as the maximum mail storage size given in the hosting plan or subscription.
    However, consider that you then can't add any more mailboxes, when one mailbox already is "eating up" all available mail space.

(Technical explanation: mail quota with LiveConfig is realized with so-called "maildir quota", this means, every mailbox has a fixed quota value assigned. This way, many modern IMAP clients (eg. Thunderbird, RoundCube, ...) can display available mailbox size. Theoretically, this can also be "unlimited", but only if the contact would also have unlimited mail space. It is not possible to sum up the actual used space over multiple mailboxes and check this against the subscription mail quota value.)

• What you explain is that you cannot do mail quota "overselling", right? You can not reserve more space than is actually available. Well that is really sh*t then. Makes a migration script virtually impossible or very complex. Wonder how this affects other potential clients migrating from other panels that have loose limits and allow overselling.

I guess the same is valid for webspace quota, right? Same problem will arise there then, that all values need adjustment in some intelligent way.

• I now see that apparently the description of HostingSubscriptionAdd has changed. I see that now -1 for both mailquota and webspace can be -1.

Can you please explain? Is overselling possible now? Limiting will only take place when the real used space is more then the contract total?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!